Cardiologist in West Bridgewater, MA
If you or someone you love is living with heart disorders then contact Bridgewater Primary Care & Cardiology in West Bridgewater, MA, and get treated by our experienced professionals. For more information, call us or book an appointment online. We are located at 711 W Center St West Bridgewater, MA 02379.
Table of Contents:
Cardiology is the branch of medicine concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting the heart and blood vessels. Cardiology specialists are doctors who have been trained to diagnose and treat patients with cardiology-related conditions, ranging from the common (such as high blood pressure or chest pain) to the more complex (such as a heart attack or aneurysm). Cardiologists specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of heart-related conditions and are often referred to as heart doctors. They may also specialize in a particular area of cardiology, such as interventional cardiology, which focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of heart disease using minimally invasive techniques such as stents and coronary artery bypass grafts.
Cardiology is the medical specialty concerned with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases of the heart and blood vessels. Cardiologists are medical doctors who specialize in cardiology and may also provide primary care for patients with heart disease; they are often the first doctors patients see when experiencing symptoms of a heart problem. Cardiologists can also perform complex diagnostic procedures such as heart catheterization.
A heart specialist is a medical professional who specializes in conditions that affect the heart, including cardiologists. A heart specialist is a general term to refer to any type of healthcare professional with a specialty in heart care.
Cardiologists can treat many diseases, including:
– Atrial Fibrillation
– Ventricular Fibrillation
– Congenital heart disease
– Coronary heart disease
– Congestive heart disease
– Hypertension or high blood pressure
– High cholesterol
– Heart attacks
– Heart failure
– Abnormal heart rhythm
Cardiology is a broad field of medicine that focuses on evaluating, diagnosing, treating, and preventing diseases and conditions that affect the cardiovascular system, the body system that includes the heart, arteries, and blood vessels. Subspecialties of cardiology include:
– General Clinical Cardiologist — With a focus on the diagnosis, prevention, and medical management of cardiovascular disease, general clinical cardiologists are actively involved in the long-term care of patients with cardiovascular disease and are skilled at selecting appropriate medications for treating a wide range of cardiovascular conditions.
Cardiothoracic Surgeon — Cardiothoracic surgeons operate on patients with conditions affecting the heart and lungs and other organs in the thoracic spine region.
– Echocardiologist — Echocardiologists specializes in cardiac ultrasound procedures and focus on the performance and interpretation of these devices.
– Electrophysiologist — Using sophisticated high-technology invasive procedures, electrophysiologists diagnose, treat and manage cardiac arrhythmias.
– Interventional Cardiologist — Interventional cardiologists are skilled in the use of various cutting and laser devices to remove plaque buildup from arteries and perform interventional procedures such as balloon angioplasty.
– Adult Congenital Cardiologist — After receiving highly specialized training in congenital heart disease in patients over 18 years of age, Adult Congenital Cardiologists may limit their practice to the non-invasive diagnosis and medical treatment or they may undergo additional training to perform a variety of invasive diagnostic and interventional therapeutic techniques.
Additional subspecialties of cardiology include:
– Nuclear Cardiologist
– Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiologist
– Computed Tomography/Magnetic Resonance Imaging Cardiologist
– Preventive Cardiologist
When looking for a cardiologist, it is important to keep a few things in mind. It is imperative that the cardiologist has experience treating your specific condition, that way you know you will be receiving the best care. Furthermore, it is important that you can easily communicate with the doctor; understanding your condition will help you learn how to better manage it. If you are looking for a qualified and experienced cardiologist, come to Bridgewater Primary Care & Cardiology. Call us today to book an appointment with our cardiology specialist, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 711 West Center Street, West Bridgewater, MA 02379. We serve patients from West Bridgewater MA, Bridgewater MA, Taunton MA, Middleborough MA, Plymouth MA, Pembroke MA, Braintree MA, Mansfield MA, Stoughton MA, Brockton MA, Wareham MA, Somerset MA, Attleboro MA, Abington MA, and surrounding areas. We look forward to serving you!