Benefits of Visiting a Primary Care Doctor in Bridgewater MA
Making contact with a primary care physician can help you detect and manage a variety of health conditions. A primary care physician may advise you on how to live a healthier lifestyle, give you the necessary drugs, screen for disease, and refer you to specialists as needed. Visit Dr. John Terzian, MD, and his staff at Bridgewater Primary Care & Cardiology to find someone that fits your personality and needs. We are located at 711 W Center St West Bridgewater, MA 02379. For more information, contact us or request an appointment online.
Table of Contents:
What are the main reasons to see a primary care provider?
What are the benefits of primary care?
How many times does the average person visit the doctor?
What are the three conditions under which you should see a doctor?
Why is it important to consult a doctor?
A primary care doctor can help you navigate many of your life’s health issues. They can provide preventative care, acute care, and health screenings that can keep you healthy and keep your medical costs lower.
There are many reasons to see a primary care doctor. Here are the top ten reasons:
– Monitor your health. A primary care provider will help you remain healthy.
– Manage chronic illnesses. Many people have one or more chronic illnesses, like heart disease, diabetes, COPD, and high blood pressure. A primary care provider can help you manage them well.
– To establish a medical home. A medical home is a place you know you can turn to for your health concerns. It is a place where your doctor knows you well and gives you the care that works best for you.
– Provide access to specialists. Your primary care provider can direct you to a specialist when needed. They will often work with the specialist to make your connection more successful.
– To remain healthier. People who have a primary care provider are healthier than those who don’t have one.
– Decrease health care costs. A primary health provider will lower your long-term health care costs by doing screenings that can catch health problems sooner, which means they are more easily treated, costing you less. They can also provide advice that can help prevent health issues from arising.
– It is a place that has your entire health history in one place.
– Fewer hospital and ER visits. People who have a primary care provider visit the hospital less because they will address health concerns before they become serious.
– Improved communication. It is easier to have good communication with someone you know.
– Regular screenings. Your primary care provider will perform routine screenings and tests to help you keep healthy and catch illnesses early.
There are many benefits to seeing a primary care provider. The most noted ones are:
– Having one physician who knows you and your medical history makes care more effective. When the doctor knows your history a deeper understanding of your personal health is maintained.
– A primary care provider can make meeting your health needs more convenient. They can provide a wide range of care in one location.
– Your primary care provider is positioned to help you stay healthy. They can offer advice that will help prevent future health problems.
– They can provide regular check-ups that will catch health issues sooner when they are easier to treat.
– Familiarity with the doctor and staff will make your visits easier and more productive. It is easier to talk about sensitive issues with someone you know.
Americans, on average, will visit a doctor four times a year. Babies will visit the doctor more frequently, about nine times per year. Children between five and fifteen see the doctor at least two times per year.
Unfortunately, many people are uninsured and will only see a doctor when their health concerns become serious.
The three most common conditions for which people should see a doctor are:
– You have a persistent high fever.
– Your cold becomes quite bad and lasts more than two weeks.
– You have a significant weight change without trying to change your weight.
There are many reasons to consult a doctor, but the main reason is for your health. Having a primary care provider who can keep a check on your health and keep you healthy is very valuable. Seeing a doctor when you have become ill or injured is easier when you have a primary care doctor. Regular screenings that identify possible or early stages of illnesses are very valuable. Having a doctor to turn to for managing chronic illnesses makes the process easier.
Bridgewater Primary Care & Cardiology has staff on hand to help you maintain your health and address the health concerns that can arise. We offer a range of medical services that can help you deal with and manage health concerns. Call us to find out what we have to offer. We are located at 711 W Center St West Bridgewater, MA 02379. For more information, contact us or request an appointment online. We serve patients from West Bridgewater MA, Bridgewater MA, Taunton MA, Middleborough MA, Plymouth MA, Pembroke MA, Braintree MA, Mansfield MA, Stoughton MA, Brockton MA, Wareham MA, Somerset MA, Attleboro MA, Abington MA, and surrounding areas.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES YOU MAY NEED
- Abdominal Aortic Ultrasound
- Allergy Testing
- Cardiac Testing
- Carotid Ultrasound
- Echo Testing
- Electrocardiogram & Holter Monitoring
- Exercise Stress Testing
- Influenza Vaccines
- Lab Work
- Preventative Care
- Primary Care
- Same-day Sick
- Vascular Testing
- Women’s Health
- Covid-19 Drive Thru Testing
- Flu Shots
- In-House Reference Lab
- Nuclear Medicine Scans